hocus pocus your focus™How Thinking Like a Magician Can Change Your Life Make Boring Disappear Today
behind every magic trick is the science of human connection
Magicians have a very unique profession. Their skill-set is enshrouded in mystery and secrecy… that is part of the allure in “trying to figure out how it works.”
Master Magician and Keynote Speaker Joseph Tran will lift the veil covering the smoke and mirrors, give you insight on how magicians think, and show you how to apply it to your own life and way of thinking.
And he will do it in a way that is both informative and entertaining, eliminating the worry of keeping your audience engaged, and make your event a grand slam!
hocus pocus your focus
How Thinking Like a Magician Can Change Your Life
HOCUS POCUS YOUR FOCUS is a one-of-a-kind experience designed to teach anyone how to improve their life by thinking like a magician. Backed up by cutting-edge cognitive science, Joseph demonstrates the science behind a magician’s skill and how anyone can use it to improve their business relationships, personal habits, and more. Learn how to get a room full of strangers to trust you immediately, how to improve your sales by focusing on yourself, why multi-tasking is a myth and what you should do instead, and more in this one hour program.
Both entertaining and informative, this program is designed to boost the mood of the audience and make them more receptive to the rest of your program.
HOCUS POCUS YOUR FOCUS has been instrumental to the success of many company retreats, initiative launches, continuing education conferences, and more.
- Bachelor of the Arts in Theatre and Multimedia Production with a minor in Sociology – California State University, Northridge
- Graduate of the Academy of Magical Arts’ Young Magicians Program
- Graduate and board member of the SAG-AFTRA Conservatory
- 20 years of international experience headlining at theatres, cruise ships, corporate events, and colleges & universities all over the world, on 4 of 7 continents
- Regular headliner at the world-famous Magic Castle in Hollywood
- Guest lecturer – Improvisation – California State University, Northridge, CA
- Guest lecturer – Showmanship for the Camera – California State University, Northridge, CA
- Guest lecturer – The Science of Illusion – College of the Canyons, CA
- Guest lecturer – Entertainment Industry Institute, CBS Studios
- Guest lecturer – The Business Minded Actor, SAG-AFTRA Conservatory
- Motivational speaker – WOKE & BROKE™, Lifehacks for the Next Generation, currently touring at
colleges across the country
- Keynote speaker – HOCUS FOCUS YOUR FOCUS™, How Thinking Like a Magician Can Change
Your Life, currently touring at corporate events across the country
- Technical consultant – SAG-AFTRA Conservatory, American Film Institute
- Magic consultant for TV/Film, including for CBS, BuzzFeed, NBC, Nickelodeon, Netflix, and more
hocus pocus your focus topics
The Science of Magic
Magicians — whether they know it or not — use a very scientific method to fool their audiences through preconception and bias. Learn the real secret on how it’s not the fact that magicians know something you don’t, but rather the way they see the world differently that matters.
Magic in the hands of a Master Illusionist is not about the props, the costumes, the pretty assistants, the special lighting, the choreography, etc. etc. etc…. Magic is about Communication. It’s an artform that can suggest thoughts and convey ideas, all with a flick of the wrist.
How do magicians get audiences to follow instructions, lend personal items, or write down secret thoughts from their mind, even when those audiences know that they are working with a self-professed trickster? It’s all about the art of gaining trust, and magicians know that’s an important aspect of everyday life.
Magicians are human, and they make mistakes too. But… do you know how often? From an illusionist to a top CEO, everyone knows mistakes can happen… but not everyone is aware of how they can use that to their advantage.
Leadership & Presentation
Some people would rather die than to get on stage and speak in front of a crowd, and yet the best magicians seem to effortlessly deliver their patter while performing their plethora of tricks. Did you know many magicians started out shy, introverted kids? Learn how magicians confidently stand and deliver their message, and be able to use that the next time you find yourself in front of crowd.
Showmanship is Salesmanship
Magicians know that everything is about sales, and not just sales of a product. From running their own business, to selling a magic show for an event, to selling an idea to present the next trick, learn how magicians see salesmanship and how to use that as an important tool to communicate effectively.
Time & Stress Management
You’re probably a pro at time & stress management, because you’re able to multitask and balance your work life, your kids, your errands, and still have time to feed your dog, right? Learn why magicians know multitasking is a MYTH, how they use that to their advantage, and how they deal with the pressure of having to “get it right” every single time.
Best way to reach me is via the red button below. Your message will go right to my screen if I’m at my desk, to my phone if I’m traveling, and by carrier pigeon if I have no signal.
Please have the following info if contacting directly.
It will help make the booking process as streamlined as possible:
date, time, and location
estimated # of people in attendance
estimated budget, if any
Joseph Tran – Magician for Corporate Events
magic • mind-reading • comedy